Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2016

Cleaning My Room: An Adventure

If you know me really well, you know that one of the greatest struggles in my life is keeping my spaces organized. When I say I have a tough time, I mean I have a tough time. I blame a lot of this on the ADHD. It's a classic side effect.

Whether it be my bedroom (the worst of the worst) or my car, or wherever else I may be, things might get literally messy.

I go through a constant cycle of clean up, throw stuff all over, then clean up. This cycle moves rather quickly for me and causes some stress. In all honesty, it usually takes me months to get my room even slightly cleaned.

Lately, however, I've been more motivated than ever to get my bedroom cleaned and looking nice. It has so much potential, but the poor thing is always covered with clothing, hats, papers, books, and whatnot. I've finally told myself that, as an adult (23 years old, mind you), I have no good excuse not to do a major cleaning of room. The ultimate goal is to keep it well-maintained permanently - no more of this "cycle" stuff.

Fortunately, I've got a record player to keep me company. I've been playing it more than I really ever have within the last couple of weeks. Most of my record collection thus far consists of classic film soundtracks.

Cleaning to Doris Day. Yes, please.

Project DECLUTTER THIS BOOKSHELF

Project DECLUTTER THIS BOOKSHELF, Pt. 2
Featuring Cluttered Bookshelf #2


A little bit of what's on top of my dresser:


I found this kitty contraption at a local church garage sale for - I believe - fifty cents. The cat's meow! 


Pumpkin Donut candle on a fall day - serenity.
Finally made it on top of my dresser: I "made" this in about 10 minutes one night. I thrifted this picture frame and left the back border in and glued these photos of Liza Minnelli in Cabaret (1972) + Gary Cooper & Barbara Stanwyck in the amazing movie Ball of Fire (1941) - which I printed off and cut out - to it. The fake flower is from a flower crown that kind of fell apart awhile ago.
Forget the mistletoe - kiss under a daisy!




I will be updating on the progress of my room soon. I can't wait for it to actually look nice. 

Thanks for swinging by!

No comments:

Post a Comment